• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone else get allergies?

The one's where you get a runny nose, stuffy head, and sore throat? The ones that kids get? Because my doctor always said I would grow out of them and I haven't and since I am 28 I don't think its going to happen. If you do how bad do they get. For me its just like a cold without the fever. What do you take? Do you call in sick to work or keep working?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• My DH has terrible ones. Sometimes you do outgrow them, but it also depends on if your parents have them or not. Either way, sometimes, you just don't outgrow them.
    My DH takes a Claritin every day, and it seems to help out a LOT. It was even worse when we lived in Texas and Kansas - a lot drier in the summer. Also, taking a Sudafed works wonders too - just get the one that you're ailing the most on.
    Benadryl is a quick one, but if you're not wanting to take a nap afterwards, Sudafed is seriously the next best step.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My husband gets them. He takes zyrtec (the generic one from Costco) and eliminates dairy during allergy season. Local honey can help, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2009