Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt dog

hi my parents' dog got hurt by another animal and they need to take it to see a vet but cannot affort it, where should i look to find cheap or free vet care?

Answer Question

Asked by yas_marie_87 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pets

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I would just call a vet and talk to them. Most are willing to work out some kind of payment arrangements. I would also be talking to the owner of the other pet about helping pay

    Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

  • The animal welfare leagues work on income based payments. If it was a wild animal your pet needs to be seen to rule out rabies or other lethal infections


    Answer by vbruno at 6:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

  • sometimes depending on the wounds and how severe they are you can actually call a vet explain what happened and they will sell you some meds without a dr if there are gashes that need stitches and such well then they need to see a vet

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

  • AARF

    Answer by luvinher at 3:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

  • hey if the dog is badly hurt ,then you must still take him to the vet . just explain to the vet people that right now its very hard for you to pay such a large bill. if maybe you can pay it by parts little by little.

    Answer by incarnita at 12:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.