Anyone know what this is? Had it? Identify with it? Whatever?

My headaches start at the base of my skull, the muscles are super stiff and extremely sore. That's my first symptom of knowing the headache is starting.
Light sensitive and nauseous.

My OB says it's normal for pregnant women, but I've been having these since I was 8 weeks pregnant, and am now 13 with no end in sight. Tylenol doesn't work at all, and prescription medication isn't helping either!

Know tips to remedy this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• sounds like a migraine. try acupuncture and massage.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• it sounds like tension headaches or migrains. usually i will feel better if i can just get alittle nap during the day & also i avoid bright lights cause they trigger mine. sometimes bending over & kind of bouncing alittle will stretch those muscles out in your neck.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• How does you back feel right about where your bra strap is? It can be very surprising where your headaches come from. If you have someone who can massage your back get them to do that - also, have someone massage and pull your toes. Amazingly enough these things work - as does having someone brush your hair with a wide tooth brush. You need to get that fluid in your skull moving. When your head begin to tingle, the fluid is moving. Try it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• thats a tension headache. not a migraine.

like PaceMyself said, reflexology is amazing at curing a tension headache- and an ill fitted bra (which is extremely common during pregnancy, as our breasts swell) will also be a very likely culprit. however, these headaches can also be caused by hormone fulx during pregnancy. stay hydrated, and that should help too- 10 8oz glasses of WATER a day. stay away from artificial sweeteners, as they also are known to cause headaches, even if they never have before, your chemistry changes so much while you're pregnant, that nothing is predictable. also, a good pair of supportive shoes helps to properly align your back, relieving excess muscle strain.

hope that you can find reprieve.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It definitely sounds like a migraine. Try keeping a food diary. Some common migraine trigger foods are: chocolate, cheese, vinegar, nuts, MSG/HFCS

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2009