Are your kids going to be taking the swine flu shot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• No, not enough evidence to support its safety to me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• too late ...we already had the swine flu last week. i wish we would have prevented it!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• my girls get the flu shot every year they have since they were 6 months old I have gotten it the first time when I was pregnant with my youngest and haave ever since, but the swine flu shot i am not sure at first I was going to do it but now I am not sure. I heard that it is a live virus and all these other stories and I just wonder what it is going to do to everyone getting a shot that noone has ammunity too so I am not sure yet if we will be getting it or not. I might do some resurch on it first before I make up my mind
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• whats wrong with the swine flue shot?jw cause mine havent got any flu shots yet but before i do i wanna know everything and make sure its not bad i dont want bad stuff into my girls if any of this makes since but i dont want them getttnig sick or dieing either
    Anonymous

• Yup.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No way. My kids don't get the flu shot either. Getting the flu/colds during the year is normal and they are healthy kids. The swine flu shot is so new and I would like to know what the long term effects might be before I would consent to that one.
    bluelola

Answer by bluelola at 12:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• no, my kids never get sick and my mother use to get the flu shot ever year and ever year after she got the shot she was sick as a dog
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Isn't every flu shot "new" because the flu strains keep changing anyway? Why all the paranoia about the swine flu shot?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Every year the "regular" flu shot is based on the previous ones, and those have been tested and verified as "safe". The H1N1 vaccine has not been tested throughly because it's kind of a "last minute emergency creation". It is also reputed to be full of "fillers", and Lord only knows what those might be.

We actually had it go around our school. My DD's class was missing about 1/2 the kids for a few days, and all the other classes were the same. Several kids were tested for H1N1 and that's what they had. Thank God we had a "mild" version of it going around. My DD had a very high fever and extreme fatigue, which is pretty much what all the other kids had.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 4:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009