zoloft ?

Is Zoloft safe to take while breastfeeding?

Also, I've heard that it puts weight on you...how? Does it just make you eat more or does the medication itself cause you to gain weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't feel any different as far as weight maybe a tad...lol
    Other than that I feel better than what I did I was very emotional. If doctor said it is ok I don't see the harm in it. GL
    Anonymous

• I have been taking zoloft for 5 years and my weight hasn't changed. I didn't take it when I was pregnant cause it made me nauseas, but the doctor told me that I could take it while I was pregnant and if I could get passed the 3 week mark it would get better, but I couldn't do it if you can take it when you are pregnant I asume you can take it when you are breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor. I tried nursing, but first daughter didn't want to and baby 2 I had problems with the epidural so I was in pain an to the ER and stuff so she got a lot of formula so I ended up drying up but I think it would be ok but to be safe check with your doctor
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Taking Zoloft when breastfeeding is a bit controversial because small amounts of Zoloft can pass through the breast milk. Zoloft side effects might be seen when the baby has Zoloft in his or her system. MAny women try other treatments than to risk it.

AngelenaMays

Answer by AngelenaMays at 8:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2012