Are you surviving without a job?

If so how? living , food, anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ha! no way.... were working our butts off and BARELY surviving... :(
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I stopped working over 2 years ago. DH had great income, our 401 was outstanding, our savings was enough to live off of for a year - then guess what happened. The company DH worked for closed, we had to move 7 hours away just to find work, the cost of living was way higher than we expected, our savings started to deplete, DH finally got more work back in his field, but we had to move again (another 7 hours away), then our 401 practically went belly up just in time for our saving to run completely out. DH got a good paying job just in time to keep us from being homeless, literally. Now, it's gonna take god only knows how long to get back on our feet. With back bills, and current bills, living in an inflated economy - even at $6000 a month we're barely surviving paycheck to paycheck. All of our money goes to pay back bills and current ones. Groceries are spare and luxury doesn't exist for us anymore.
    Anonymous

• P.S. I have been needing and wanting to go back to work for a while, but haven't found work in 10 months now. Last hiring day I went to, there were 700 people applying for the 3 positions at the WalMart.
    Anonymous

• OP- Husband has a job contract work that ends in Dec 09. Lease on condo goes to July 2010. car almost paid off. No Internet dsl, cable, or land line phone. just cell phones and wireless Internet cards.  Just need to get ready for the next blow.

Anonymous

• im barely surviving without a job i mean my boyfriend is working alot...ALOT...but it could help so much if i could work but i feel bad because i cant really.....i havent worked in exactly a yr cuz of my back problems and now that im pregnant i have to be extremely careful with my back!!! so we get by but only because my boyfriend is working his butt off for us.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OP- It took 5 months to get that contract job, in CA it is bad. Had to use up the 401k to last. Just want the car payment gone could do it now but afraid to not have cash, less than 5k, need a plan cant last 5 months or more again. the reason for cell phones without a place to stay can respond to interview calls. Also use ups or post office for mail. I have live tv on computer. If you have a library card laptop you can use the library wifi all day

Anonymous

• OP- What else can we cut back to survive this mess? eat real food, turn off lights, rent space in your garage as storage for someone or even in your place. If you can rent a room to someone nice you can put a key lock on it. What do you think?
    Anonymous

• I think renting out a room would be a good idea.
    A college kid or just a working kid wanting to be out on their own, but doesn't have the full money to get a place would definitely snatch it up. It's definitely worth a shot!
    You can rent the garage out to them as well, if they're wanting it. If not, I would definitely go with the storage option as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I got that idea on the new of a mother daughter needing a place while the mother is away as a flight person and a home owner losing their home. It was a win win
    Anonymous

• Yes. I don't need a job. I am still a SAHM and we're still doing just fine on one income. The teens move out next year and then it'll just be hubby and I and all the bills will drop. We'll save $300 a month JUST on groceries.
    Anonymous