when you have two parakeets....

Is it possible to tame them both at the same time? Always before I only had one but this time when I got another bird I bought two so my sister could have one.

mommyofJames08

Asked by mommyofJames08 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pets

• it is harder to socialize birds when there is more than one, but i think it depends on the age and temperment of the bird. if they are young and have a good temperment, then it might take longer but it's not impossible.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I've had parakeets before. I had a male and a female, which i got when they were both babies. I tamed them both at the same time. They were both very well behaved birds. I believe it would be just as easy to tame two together if not easier because they also learn behaviors from one another.
    How old are yours? My dad had a male that he got once he was grown and we never could tame him. It is best to start when they are really young but with enough time and care I think really it is possible to tame any bird it just takes alot of work....
    Good Luck with them.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009