Why is my 7mo old son crying so much?!!!

hi i have a 7mo old little boy who used to be the happiest sweetest fat little baby in the whole world. here recently i would say in the last week an a half to two weeks he has totally changed and turned into a non stop cryer. if i didn't know any better id swear someone swapped my baby! i can't figure out what to do, neither of my older two babies cried ever like this. it's like an all day thing. from the time he wakes up till all hours in the night. i'm really starting to worry, and think that its not just fussiness, but i took him to the dr last week and they told me nothing. says he's fine, what should i do, should i be really worried, should i get a second opnion, i mean i love this baby with my whole heart but all the crying is driving me nuts. i can't do anything else! and i don't know what to do!!!

taraleighmomof3

Asked by taraleighmomof3 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds as if he's uncomfortable because somethings hurting him...maybe he's constipated or has an upset stomach. What are you feeding him? Anything new you introduced into his diet? Most babies don't cry ALL day unless something is wrong.
    Anonymous

• with my oldest two i was very young and my mom and my hubby's mom helped out alot, they ate table foods very early and didn't get very much baby foods at all, but they were also very sick alot. so now 5 years later i am 25 and am doing this by myself for the most part and i wanted to do it different with this baby so i have went strictly by the book. last month i started him in on baby food (ceral about 2 mo ago which he didn't like) but i started with the fruits, the doctor told me this last visit to try some veggies, so yes i have added veggies to his diet, but nothing else. this is just so stressful. i have a 6 yr old and a 5 yr old that have school and i am a full time student and i just can't get anything done with all the crying. do you think it could be the veggies? i am really worried. every one says he's spoiled, but i don't really think thats it!
    taraleighmomof3

Answer by taraleighmomof3 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• He could be teething.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• awww..poor little sweetie. There could be a number of things..gas for starters. Are you burping baby at least 2 or 3 times after feeding? When you change his diaper gently bicycle his legs. Are you bottle feeding or breast? If it is a bottle make sure you are lifting bottle enough so no air is in the nipple when you feed baby. Breast...well have you changed your diet at all? Brocolli can sometimes cause this or greasy foods....Lay baby on your lap with tummy down..and gently pat his back. Are you stressing about something? Have a family member take care of baby for a little bit so you can take a nap or a shower..just some re-energize Mom time. You'd be amazed how good that will be for both of you. If this doesn't help, I would call back and stress that there is something the matter..what are some ways to soothe baby. That is all I can think of..
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 7:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Your baby should still be on formula not already eating fruit and vegetables...that's why he's soo fussy. His tiny body can't digest all that food yet, he needs breast milk or formula!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• oh he's still on formula, sorry didn't mean to leave confussion. he's on formula, juice & baby foods, but only stage 1 baby food. like i said i was trying to go strictly by the book or how my dr tells me i should be, and so far he has never been sick, but now all of the sudden he just crys all the time!
    taraleighmomof3

Answer by taraleighmomof3 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Seriously, cut out the juice! He doesn't need it and it's full of sugar. I don't know why people push juice on these little babies. They don't need it!
    Anonymous