12 ongoing 13 books

I have a 12 (going to be 13 year in februaty) year old daughter. She likes to read.
Can you suggest some? Maybe a series?
She likes things about aliens. She read a book in liberty's kids that she liked. She like s teen mysteries. She likes most of the judy blume stuff. I think she want kind of a medium sized book thats has mature things in it. She also likes romance and the lifetime channel (lol).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• How about some books from Marion Zimmer Bradley. The Darkover books are pretty good (it's series over 12 books, it's amixture between Sci Fie and Romance) or her Avalon Series. Have read them all and loved them.
    Or some Star Trek or Star Wars books, a lot of Aliens are in there too.
    More I don't know at the moment. Sorry
    Anonymous

• Check out the website www.readkiddosread.com (It may be readkiddoread.com I don't remember). Ask her teacher for a list of books for teen girls.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Tyry: your awesome. shes already picked a bunch. :0)
    Anon. : You rock too. :)
    momofderek

Answer by momofderek at 12:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Try Harry Potter, if she's already read it, Of Mice and Men... umm... Lost Boys.. my brain is frozen right now.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I grew up reading The Babysitters Club books. There's a gazillion of those.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Left Behind series for kids
    Anonymous

• Take her to a book store and let her talk to the people workin there....they love that kind of thing! You don't have to buy all the books they suggest, but get ideas from them. The librarians like to help you find what you like too....take her to the library and let her explore and talk to the librarian. I think you should support her, but let her take the lead. This is something she loves and you don't need to do anything except support her! This is the fun part.....encouraging something they enjoy!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Chasing the Falconers or Kidnapped series by Gordon Korman are great books for that age. Also the Stargirl series are wonderful.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 10:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I agree with BJoan... I think helps a lot to have them talk to someone whose job is books. OR you can find a few books she's liked and go onto Amazon and pull them up. There'll be a "people who bought this book also bought..." section close to the bottom. I've found a lot of books that way for myself and my daughter and son.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 4:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009