physical therapy and shortness of breath

My son has physical therapy once a week, and today when we took him he was riding the bike around the hallway maybe two hundered feet. He did this four times and seemed completely out of breath and exhausted. I am not sure what to theink. Lately he has not been wanting to run around much and when we took him for a bike ride the other day he complained o ffeeling tired and did not want to pedal up hill he actually cried and said he just couldn't do it. I am taking him to the doctors tomorrow but any suggestions?

jnthn949

Asked by jnthn949 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Asthma? Sounds sort of like my son. He didn't have any noticeable asthma symptoms.

How does he act if he gets a cough or cold....does it usually turn severe?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yeah and he has been on an inhaler for a cold before but it was only for a month like two years ago
    jnthn949

Answer by jnthn949 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would go with asthma, but talk to the doctor about it. Doing PT and riding a bike can actually build up his lung capacity which will help with the asthma. Talk to the doctor before your assume anything.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2009