What did Jesus mean when he said;if you love me,feed my sheep?

I'm wondering if it was scriptures or acts of kindness or holiness he was refering to?He was talking to someone maybe peter but I think it refers to all of us Christians.Sincere answers please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We are his sheep. He instructed his disciples to feed the sheep with the message Jesus had come to deliver, that of salvation. We, as sheep would be hungry for it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• If you love me......feed the sheep the word...tell them of Jesus and His salvation.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Cus he was lazy?? IDK LOL
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 8:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• lcpjuggalette- I say you are the lazy one. If you can't give a real answer don't waste our time. You're not funny in the least.

Jesus was talking about preaching the gosple. Peter became a piller of the Jewish/Christian church, while Paul went to the Gentile or non-Jewish nations.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I was taught it meant to go out and teach his word to those who didnt know it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• This is one of my favorite parts of the Gospels! I think the meaning went deeper than the obvious. He was talking to St. Peter. He chose St. Peter to be the rock upon which his church was built. He was making it clear- feed my sheep- meaning feed his flock the Gospel. Also, remember that St. Peter denied Jesus three times- not only denied him but cursed his name. When Peter saw the risen Lord, he fell to his feet and called himself a sinfull man and asked for forgiveness. Jesus allowed Peter to profess his love three times over- the amount of times that St. Peter denied him. I think Jesus did this not only to stress to Peter to feed his sheep, but also out of love and compassion for his friend. How awesome!
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• he was saying feed his sheep.. meaning feed people the Gospel of Jesus Christ
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i totally agree with the ones who said that he meant teach/spread the gospel...as for the one who said that he was lazy ..if he was lazy he wouldnt have wasted his precious time making you...
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• No one made me, what the hell are ya talkin bout?
    And the easter bunny is real too, and lepricauns, and pixies, and santa for sure.
    I am not here to judge you cus you are religous, thats your choice, but my question is , why? what makes you believe all this? I gave an honest answer, maybe he was feeling crappy and needed help. Idk. Maybe there was a Jesus who knows, but how do you know all this god and bible stuff is true? Wheres your proof? I could tell you that there is a such thing as vampires, and you would call me silly, and would want proof, and call me crazy and how could i believe such hooey? RIGHT? Why do ppl preach and brainwash other ppl into their own beliefs and don't let anyone think for themselves? I say give proof b4 you preach anything you are not 100% about? just wonderin? thats all! Maybe the dude who wrote the bible was high? please dont say i am high, i havent done drugs in 12 yrs. lol we are adults here.
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 3:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
    -- Thomas Aquinas

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2009