How would you word the invite to a 4 yr olds party?

We are having my son's party at the local blow-up bounce place. We didn't do anything major last year and wanted to do something fun for him. We are inviting his preschool classmates and a few other friends. I want to say "no presents." He truly needs nothing. We will get him a few things, as will other family members and thats plenty. Also, school just started and we want the kids to come but not feel obliged to buy anything for some kid they just started going to school with a month ago! I'm thinking that if they don't bring presents maybe I shouldn't do goody bags....Anyone have any thoughts on this? :)

romanojm

Asked by romanojm at 8:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just write on the bottom, "your presence is present enough" I bet some will still bring something though...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I agree with PP...you could also say "if you would like to give a gift, please make a donation to the animal shelter" or another organization of your choice....
    Anonymous

• Ask for nonperishable food items and donate them to a local food bank. I know someone who did this for her daughter and it went off great.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• or since its getting closer to the holidays, you can ask that people bring new toys w/tags still attached to be donated to toys for tots or something like that, if they feel the need to bring something. as for goody bags, i'd probably still do goody bags, more for the kids, but its really up to you.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• You can't put anything on an invite about presents, it's rude. Telling people not to bring presents is telling them what to do (obviously) and it also assumes that they were intending to bring one in the first place. There must be something he could use. When people asked what my guy wanted for his party a few weeks ago I suggested stuff like craft supplies and books. He still got a fair number of gifts but he also go some stuff that will be used up and books that will last him a long time.

As for goody bags, I'd do them. They're for the kids and it's not like they take the place of a thank you note or anything. They don't have to be fancy. We did a craft where the kids designed their own bags with stickers and crayons and such then I filled each one with a bag of fruit snacks, some smarties, and a few small toys like a pencil, stickers, and a plastic dino. Cost about $20-25 for 15 bags.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Although your child doesn't need anything, that is the most exciting thing about a birthday party. Especially when all the kids sit around and help unwrap the presents!
    Anonymous