help plz

have any of u had the first glucose test at 28 weeks pregnant (non-fasting one) and have had high results come back?....then have needed to do the glucose tolerance test (the fasting one) to confirm whether it is or isn't gestational diabetes and then have the results come back normal?....................my first test came back higher then normal so i need to do the second test this saturday and was hoping the second one would come back with normal results...........please share ur stories

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didn't have high results the first time but i have heard that it does have a lot of false positives. gl
    Anonymous

• I took the 1hr test & had high results...but they skipped the 3hr because with how high my test results were with the 1hr they didn't want to risk having me fast & then pumping me full of sugar. I wish you luck though. Also, know that a lot of the time the 1hr tests have iffy results, if anything just know that too much sugar is never good & just eat as healthy as you can =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i never had high results with any of my 3 boys. I never had to fast before any test either. I don't look foreward wtih this pregnancy to getting that glucose test done. I dont want to do it this time...i hate that stuff you have to drink.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have breakfast the morning of my test, but I ate a mini spree pack from a goodie bag my daughter got a brithday party.. my results were a little high, I did the 3 hr and came back fine.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009