help plz

have any of u had the first glucose test at 28 weeks pregnant (non-fasting one) and have had high results come back?....then have needed to do the glucose tolerance test (the fasting one) to confirm whether it is or isn't gestational diabetes and then have the results come back normal?....................my first test came back higher then normal so i need to do the second test this saturday and was hoping the second one would come back with normal results...........please share ur stories

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• yup. the 1 hr fasting was high, the 3 hr fasting was fine
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yes.. the morning before the 1hr I hadn't eaten breakfast, but I found a mini pack of spree from a birtrhday party my daughter was at and ate that. It was a little high, 3hr was fine.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• thx guys.......making me feel a little better already................please continue sharing ladies
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had my first one come back slightly high and had to do the hourly one for 4 hours. It sucked but it came back fine. With the hourly testing, they made me drink the entire bottle within 5 minutes. I almost got sick(since I hadn't eaten past midnight) but I reminded myself, if I threw up, I would have to drink it again. So, that gave me motivation to keep it down. It was all worth it once I had my daughter! Good luck, I'm sure it will come back fine
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009