What do you think would be the possibilities of getting pregnant after a tubal liagation? Does anyone have any input please let me know! Thanks

Dawn-n-CH08

Asked by Dawn-n-CH08 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine done in 99 and nothing has gone wrong Thank God.. No pregnancies or scares ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• This question's come up a LOT lately -- might want to do a quick search to get the full spectrum of answers.

I'll tell you what I told the others: I know of 2 cases personally. The first is my cousin's wife. She had an ectopic pregnancy after her tubal. I believe it was quite a while after - over a year, I'm pretty sure. Ectopic are the most common pregnancies following a tubal -- it seems the sperm can bypass it, but once it makes connections, starts to divide & grow, and reverses direction back towards the uterus... it doesn't fit any more.

2nd case - the woman got pregnant with triplets within weeks of her tubal. She ended up with 6 kids under the age of 5.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Oh... and your chances increase over time. Apparently, your body has a tendency to try & heal itself, (according to my OB/GYN).

Your odds also depend one which procedure your Dr uses, too --- tie/clamp, cut & tie/clamp, burn, completely remove, etc.

I also HIGHLY recommend you research PTLS before going through with the procedure.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Wow @ Laura that is scary .. The woman I do know have never had any issues so I;ve never really looked into it but I will now just to be on the safe side ... :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My sister works in Labor and Delivery as an RN and had a woman give birth to her second baby after her tubal liagation. But i don't think it happens that often.
    Anonymous