What is going on??

Ok, I met this guy at work, Hes kinda my superior so we keep our relationship on the DL, but were totally cool with each other. He just met my son, my son is almost 2. This guy bought him toys for when he met him..he stayed over last night and when my son cried in the night, he went up and got him and put him back to sleep for me. My son likes him, and i met this guys parents and his family likes me too. We do all the lovey hold hands stealing kisses calling me "babe" and stuff...hes my boyfriend.
Ive been in many a messed up relationship but i think i might have caught a winner. He sincere and genuine with me and everyone else for that matter. Could he be showing that hes in this for the long run? Hes deploying in january...when is a good time to talk about long term w/o freaking him out? Im sooo happy to have him in my life now, but im honestly not sure what hes leading up to...how to talk about it??

soldiermom1986

Asked by soldiermom1986 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• The fact that he is getting deployed brings up a great opportunity to talk to him. Maybe you can drop a few subtle hints about it and see if he'll talk about it -it sounds like he'll have to before he leaves. he sounds like a great guy tho!
    Anonymous

• funny, im actually wondering the dame thing with my guy right now.....sorry i dont have advice
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• He sounds like a really fabulous guy.
    I agree with anon, the fact that he is getting deployed brings up a great opportunity. Just be honest, and tell him how you feel. Give your hesitations/reservations, if you have any. Ask him where he thinks or wants this to go - because you feel like he's so great with your kid, and overall, a really awesome guy, and you'd love for things to progress. :]
    Good luck, chick.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You both could get in some serious poo over this so yeah I'd be asking him wtf...is this going somewhere to justify the trouble it's going to cause? good luck though
    Anonymous

• ANON 846......wha???
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You guys are active duty? And he is higher ranking? And you work together? You know that is a NO NO. If you are saying what I think you are saying. One of you need to move to a different area of work. So your not working together.

Answer by louise2 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I think she means that since he's deploying, and you're not sure, it could cause a lot of problems. Distance and everything, it possibly being a fresh relationship... she's wanting you to ask him "What's happening in this relationship?" and if it's worth all the trouble that it could potentially be. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• If he's deploying in January then I don't see the need to ask... he's either going to ask you to wait for him.... or not.
    If he's taken you to meet his parents then I'm guessing he's thinking long term.
    He sounds like a really nice guy based on what you've said.
    Wishing you so much luck and him a safe return home, or better yet, to get lucky and not have to go at all :)
    Much Luck to the 3 of you
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009