Disney?

Hello:

Well in like 2 week I am going to Magic Kingdom with my 2 year old DS and my 8 month DD. Also my mom, step dad, grandmother, and my husband are going to. Is there any advice that you mommy may give me? For example rides that I can take them? Or anything I should know before going? Thank You! I am super exited. My DS love Mickey

Jamie8788

Asked by Jamie8788 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Travel

• For your 8 month old, bring your own stroller, Disney's are not comfortable for kids that age. If you can, bring a back pack carrier for your little one. When you have to get her out of the stroller to wait in lines at rides, or even for some of the rides, you will like having her in the carrier. My DS was 9 month old our first time at MK and we rode Peter Pan with him in the carrier in between my legs, same for It's a small world. So there are rides you will be able to do with the whole family.

If you're a fast reader, Unofficial guide to Disney has a great line of books.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 8:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• This is the ultimate WDW info website that I used for my family's trip. It has a ton of info. Have fun!

http://www.allearsnet.com/
    Fairylights

Answer by Fairylights at 2:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Our youngest started going to disneyland with us at 6 weeks of age. There are plenty of rides to take a baby on, although I always used a sling or a Baby Bjorn. At Disneyworld I would concentrate on the Magic Kingdom. If your 2 yr old is into the characters you may want to look into doing some character dining. You get to sit down for around 90 mins and they still get tons of photo/autograph opportunities. Another one to consider is Animal Kingdom. The Disney site will have a list of rides by size that the kids can go on.
    I would have a stroller for both kids.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I will be there in 2 days!! I have a 2 and 5 year old. We will see how it goes...I know our major thing is that we are going to make ourselves (the adults) keep in mind that this trip is for the kids and kids need rest in the middle of the day. We will not see and do everything. Are oyu staying n a resort or a hotel? Have you made any meal reservations for Disney Character dining in the parks?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Be prepared to wear comfortable sneakers. There is a lot of walking.Saturday is the busiest.Just enjoy .
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• There is a website called Mousesavers.com . I have been looking at different thing for a couple of days now. Good Luck!!!!
    crystal626rose

Answer by crystal626rose at 1:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Okay so I just got back! In the Magic Kingdom there are a TON of rides all of the kids can go on. My DD who is almost 2 rode, Dumbo, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean and the tea cups. Make sure to hit the Monsters INC Laugh floor it was Great! You can meet the Characters at 'Town hall' in Toon Town. The lines can be kind of long there(20-30)so make sure you are prepared for that wait. There is a barber shop on Main street that does haircuts for kids. They finish up with colored gels and glitter. My DD got her first hair cut and got free 'ears' with first haircut stitched on the back. If you want to buy one of those Mickey balloons. Keep in mind they are 10 dollars! I promised my kids one after dinner and about choked at the price. lol. One the plus side it's still flying on day 5 here. Take advantage of the fast pass rides! I don't understand why people wait in line...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2009