Anyone tried "Your baby can read"??

Just wondering how good it really is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I havent tried it, i asked this same question to many people. They all told me you have to have them watch a dvd everyday and do flashcards with them so its pretty engaging. they said its all memorizing, but thats kinda what reading is. I'd say its not worth $250
    HaydensMama42

Answer by HaydensMama42 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• its kinda boring. My child lost interest right away. you can view the video clips on Youtube or Google Videos. All it's really about is getting the child to recognize words. You can always read to your child or look at books, before naptime or bedtime point to their face to help memorize body parts. and even at feeding explain what food is. If you need more advice you can message me!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• PS/Save your money and buy something more useful with the $250 dollars. lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It isnt worth it. From what Ive read about the studies done on it, its a waste of time. Your child memorizes these words and takes all this tiem to enter kindergarden advanced, but by the time they hit about 4th grade, they are on the same lvl as everyoen else again. So it really just takes away their babyhood for bragging rights. It doesnt really help anything in the end
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 10:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It is memorizing the sight words that they work on in K and 1st grade. However, just because a child knows what the word IS doesn't mean they know what it MEANS. Comprehension is half of the battle and this program doesn't address that. (Mom is a reading specialist)
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We got it as a gift and I truly thought "what a waste of money: but we tried it out for a month (theres a 30day $bak gaurentee) it does say you wont see any progress for a few months. I wasn't sure at first and now i have to say it is truly amazing how many words my child say and recognize! And we only watch the video once a day, and not every day, and we do the flash cards when my dd wants to play with them. she is 18 months old and probably can say over 100 words already! and she knows what they mean- she uses the words appropriately and can look at pictures or items and say the correct name for things. i wouldn't have spent the money myself, but i truly love the dvds and so does my dd. i keep her locked in her highchair after snack and roll her into the tv room. she loves the songs and whenever she says a new word to me, I know that the dvds are worthwhile. i am impressed with her vocabulary and progress!
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 2:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009