What are the best ways to keep a baby warm since winter is coming?

My baby is 5 months ( 6 months in a week ) but he has Broncitus right now and an ear infection. Since I found this our last week. I have been pretty worried about how to keep him warm in the winter time. I'm so worried! I don't need him getting more sick when he's just gotten better,you know?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like onsies and then add layers. Socks are important. My son did not like hats but depends on how cold it is in your house.

I would add probiotics to your baby's bottle if you FF (that will help with infection and mostly digestive tract and keeping good bacteria)
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• How about a sleep sack? Footed pjs?
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• undershirts and socks allllllll the time!! tshirts and sweatshirts when out. blankets at night. put a heater in his room..i wouldnt keep it on all night tho. but like an hour before he goes to bed put it on to warm up his room..and keep it on for a few hours once hes in bed.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I love the sleep sacks and footed PJ's too. I would recommend that and also using blankets whenever you can. If you're going out in the cold, all of the above and a warm hat that covers his ears too.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 8:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3402642

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3375353

Things like these. .....When my SIL was pregnant I went looking for something like this in Babies R Us and they had a couple of great really thick ones.
    Anonymous

• Im having my first baby in December so Ive been wracking my brain also. DH and I bought a bunch of the sleep sacks from target.... Theyre the first things we bought! Lots of beanies too
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• For outside weather, lots of hats and mittens. Until DD used a toddler seat, I kept a fleece carseat cover for her seat. I just tucked a few blankets in underneath and she never wore a jacket. The carseat covers work great for cold, wind, and rain, plus strangers are less likely to touch your newborn (my DD was a newborn in November in CT, so this came in handy!)

I always dressed her in one pair of socks and booties over those, warm pants and a long sleeved shirt with a onesie underneath, a hat, mittens, 1-2 blankets (depending on the thickness of blanket and the temp) and the carseat cover. My baby was always toasty. HTH
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• General rule is whatever you are warm in a child under 1 needs 1 additional layer, so if your warm in a sweater, they will need a sweater and a coat. I always put my little ones in blanket sleepers with a onesie and socks underneath. For outside I usually dressed them in normal winter clothes with a beanie and mittens and a blanket and covered their infant carrier with a blanket to keep the elements out.
    EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2009