Homemade Christmas Ideas

Who has any home made Christmas gift ideas they have made in the past?

maryztutti

Asked by maryztutti at 8:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• you don't state if you just want it homemade or low cost

quilts
    pictures in frames self decorated
    shutterfly books/items (it uses photos)
    gift baskets or those "recipe kits" where you include all the ingredients in a cute jar with a spoon or something and tie it with a cute ribbon
    Anonymous

• I save my baby food jars and fill them with either the holiday M&Ms or the hershey kisses. Then put them in holiday paper tied upright with curly string. I let my daughter take them to school for each classmate for Christmas.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i got to walmart or any other facbric store and get two pieces of fleece fabric (how many yards is up to you) and i make fleece tie blankets heres a link of what they look like
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20416747

or if its family i am making stuff for, i might make a scrapbook that i have completely done myself (very few premade things in it) with old and new pictures in it to reminisce of the old days!

OH and makeing your own chocolate is good two!!! (you can go to Michaels craft store to get all the supplies)
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Dip spoons in white, milk or dark chocolate, decorate with sprinkles or mini marshmallows allow to harden, wrap with cellophane and put them in a mug with cocoa mix or coffee packets (I make my own cocoa mix) and wrap with cellophane.

I also love to sew, so I've made, quilts, coasters, aprons, cloth napkins, embroidered dishtowels, totebags, toilet paper holders......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I quill which is the art of paper filigree. The things you can make are limitless Just put quilling and Christmas in your search engine.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 2:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well,year before last I crocheted potholder/placemat sets, last year I sewed stockings and filled them with baked goods, and this year, I'm crocheting hat/scarf/wristwarmer sets. You could also paint glass, it's not as hard as it sounds, get a picture frame, find a picture you like, tape it to the outside of the frame, trace the picture and color it, then remove the picture, put a nice piece of cardstock in it and voila, a hand painted picture. I did that for a couple I know that was celebrating their wedding anniversary a few years back, it's still hanging on their wall.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Since the flu is always here at Christmas, i put birdseed and lavender and tea tree oil in a big bowl to mull out in the garage and then make little pillows and put the mixture in it with instructions for microwaving. I also make a pillow case for it so that can be washed, cause you can't wash the birdseed pillow its self. When sick or cold in chest just heat and put on chest! When it needs re-uping they can get their own oil to put on it. They sale these at the malls and are so high! People love them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2009