Ab workouts that really work?

I am open to any types of workouts to help get my tummy trim. I do crunches and even crunches to the sides but it doesnt feel like it really does anything.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• That just means your body has gotten used to them, hooray!!
    You can always hold a weight to your chest as you do the crunches.
    The crunches that I do, is just lifting my legs up and my shoulders, with arms straight out in front of me - so I'm kind of balanced on my butt, and holding that position for a few second, slowly releasing and repeat. It really helps the burn. Flutter kicks are also really awesome. :]
    Also, this helps with the love handles a little, just holding weights in your hands, arms straight out - so you're in a T position, and your legs shoulder width apart, and touching your left hand to your left foot/leg with your right arm straight above you. And vice versa. It really helps too~

hula hooping works too! So i heard.. i can't hula hoop worth a damn.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Also doing crunches on an exercise ball helps as well. :]
    Doing crunches with a resistance band as well.
    Where one end is hooked to your feet, and you have the other end in your hand. Crunches as normal. The resistance helps you squeeze those abs a little more.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• doing ab workouts will tone the muscles but if you need to lose fat that is over it, you wont SEE a differnce. but p90x "ab ripper x" is awesome
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• do more reps
    Anonymous

• P90 X has an insane ab work out that is fast and will knock you over.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• pilates
    CLibb

Answer by CLibb at 11:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• have to agree with jambalover, you cannot spot reduce, you should try doing cardio (if you aren't already) to burn the fat and strength training at least 3-4 times a week. The longer you work at it you will see results, but it takes time. Good luck.
    peapods02

Answer by peapods02 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2009