how do you deal with babys in the middle of the night crying for food or if they in pain or what ever

animatedgyal101

Asked by animatedgyal101 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If they just fuss a little, I listen and when they stop I get up and go peek in the room to see if they fell back to sleep. Otherwise we do the back rubs and a sip of water. maybe a little snuggle time and I turn on some soft music as well.
    Anonymous

• If the baby has soiled it's diaper change the diaper. If the baby is hungry, feed it. then burp it. If that does not help to make the baby go back to sleep, you will just have to stay up with the baby tell it decides to go back to sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• when my son cries at night i nurse him in my bed, then put him back in his bed and say night night. then he is happy and goes back to sleep.

that is what i choose to do, but many others have completely different parenting styles. and of course some babies will not want to go back to sleep... if my son is in pain he will not want to sleep in his bed and he sleeps in bed with us, but then i can't sleep. so if he's sick, i don't get much sleep!

you might want to be more specific if these answers aren't helpful. like how old is your baby? is s/he waking up hungry or in pain? it's really really normal for young babies to wake up to nurse or for a bottle a lot at night.
    Anonymous

• I co-slept for the first eight months, and after that a cry generally brought a response unless I could see in the mionitor that he was settling. (We had a video monitor.)

Answer by gdiamante at 9:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I nursed my son on demand. He would wake up in the night and eat really well and go back to sleep. As he got older there were less feedings until finally he slept through the night at 13 months.

I dont believe that all baby's are the same so maybe some baby's need to eat more frerquently...I would never deny a baby food.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Well, if she is crying for food then i'll feed her. If she's in pain then i'll comfort her. I'd never EVER CIO.
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 12:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• If my babies needed me i picked them up and took care of them. I don't agree with CIO so i never let my babies cry in their beds. I'm not sure what kinds of answers you are looking for, you should be more specific in your questions!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Check the diaper, offer the breast, bounce and sway, check for fever, too hot/cold?, etc. It's much easier to deal with a cranky baby (which is normal when they're a baby) when you're not overly tired. Make sure you're rested and things will go much more smoothly.
    WunderMum

Answer by WunderMum at 11:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009