How long... Unemployment check

If you send in your claim form on Sunday, how long does it normally take to get your check? I live in CA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Look for it around Friday or Saturday, provided you filled everything out right. DON'T make mistakes! That will delay your check. Been there done that with my husband.

There is an 800 number for checking the status of your payment...it's on the EDD website.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Are you able to file online? In Wisconsin you can file your weekly claims on line and if you do so on Sunday, your check is to you by Tuesday.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• In Arkansas if you file on Sunday or Monday you get your check by wednesday!
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 1:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• California lets you file the initial claim online, but after that you have to mail in a form every other week.

Go figure. The state that birthed Silicon Valley is still in the dark ages on this.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• In Illinois, the first week is unpaid. If you filed online, you should be able to track online.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• When my husband was getting unemployment, he'd turn it in EARLY on Sunday morning (online) and the check would come Tuesday. If he could not get through til sunday afternoon or even Monday, the check would arrive Wednesday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I live in CA and mail my on Monday and my check is here the following Monday.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 1:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I live in CA and I mail on Sunday or Monday and normally have my check Friday or Saturday.
    Anonymous