Can you find out the gender @ 16 weeks?

I have an ultrasound scheduled for 16 weeks and was wondering if there's any chance I could find out the gender. Has anyone been able to that early?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 9:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found out I was having a boy at 14! so yes maam you can!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You can but it isn't fully accurate so most doctors won't do it until you're closer to 20-21 weeks.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• With my first, I found out at 16 wks & my second I found out at 14 wks. I think 16 wks is a pretty good time b/c they are mostly developed enough to be able to tell for sure. So I would say you should most definitley be able to find out!!
    riceswife

Answer by riceswife at 9:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• they told me at like 14 weeks they were 90% sure it would be a girl and then at the 20 week appt they confirmed she was! Now we have another cute lil girl!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I found out our twins are 1 boy & 1 girl at 13 weeks and 5 days. It's possible in the 13th week.
    CariO.

Answer by CariO. at 9:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i think it was 16 weeks when i found out with my son but i'm not sure... it's been 2 and a half years since then...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i dont know but im hoping so cause i will go back to the dr at 16wks i have my fingers crossed for you and me good luck!!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Its possible but not as accurate as if you wait a few more weeks. With my 2nd child at 16 wks they said it was a boy but it really was a girl. with my other 2 children I waited until 20 weeks and both of their genders were correct.
    rjrambrocio

Answer by rjrambrocio at 10:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• With #4 we found out on accident at 14 wks. Oops!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 4:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2009