How to get rid of a UTI and what does a narrow pelvic region/bones have to do with my pregnancy and what can a UTI cause for my pregnancy?

went to L&D last night for all my pains and symptoms and contractions......no labor just contractions. I am 35 weeks

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 8:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• UTI, not fun. Cranberry juice (100%, not cocktail) a few times a day should help. And wipe from front to back. If the doctor prescribed an antibiotic, then take it. A UTI is a Urinary Tract Infection. It's a general term meaning you could have a kidney infection or a bladder infection. The infection could spread and get worse. That can hurt the growing baby. Baby could be born with an infection, as well.

Narrow pelvis could make it harder to have a vaginal delivery. I have no hips, but my delivery was great. During my last few weeks of pregnancy, my hips did widen a little bit. Look at the hips as a bridge. We don't like to cross narrow bridges when there is an oncoming vehicle. Not much room to pass. A wider bridge has plenty of room for 2 cars to pass. Our hips should be wider to make t easier for baby to pass through for birth.

SpiderLizz

Answer by SpiderLizz at 11:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Definitely a lot of liquid, water and cranberry juice, 100% kind. It should help without med! I just got rid of mine, never had it but just got one.

It helps great deal when i drink a lot, empty your bladder each time you go.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2008