How can I get my house in order? (A woman's job is never done) even though we do so much...:(

I look around my home and it looks messy even though I try to straighten up it still looks like I didn't lift a finger.

What exactly does a maid do?.....seriously thinking of hiring one...lol

I have no want to do this I mean I do clean but I have this stupid attitude that why even try if it is going to look the same in a short while no matter how much I try to keep up...Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Clean one room a day, really good. Depending on how old your kids are. Make them help.

Answer by louise2 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It's a never ending battle. I find flylady.net to be a marvelous resource, even though I have fallen off the purple bandwagon! (Visit the site...you'll find out what I mean.)

Answer by gdiamante at 9:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Flylady.net :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I hear ya! I'm the only one who does anything around here. My husband and son both act like i'm speaking a foreign language when I ask them to clean up after themselves. I just don't have the energy, the time or the desire to clean full time. It's all I can do to keep food in the house, prepare semi-nutricous meals, and make sure everyone has clean underwear. Yet, I'm the one with the guilt abaout the way the house looks. Go figure!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My house used to be the same way. I used Flylady routines & techniques.

If you're cleaning and the house still looks messy, I would guess you have a lot of clutter. Get rid of the clutter. Clean off surfaces like tables & counters and put the things away, don't just move them from one surface to another. If something doesn't have a home, find it a home or else get rid of it. Do not let stuff build up on surfaces that you've cleaned.

Try tackling the kitchen first. Clear the counters as described above, wash down the cupboards & appliances, put a fresh towel & dishcloth out. Next clear the dining table. Leave NOTHING on it but a centerpiece and/or placemats. Then clear the end tables in the living room. Then the bathroom vanity & back of the toilet. THOSE are the rooms people live in most of the time. After that do the bedrooms.

KEY: Your house didn't get this way overnight and you won't get it clean overnight.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• A maid will only dust or clean around your clutter. If you collect crap a maid is useless and a waste of $$ . Get organized and get rid of stuff your not really using or going to use or just saving it for a someday or maybe thing. The less clutter you have the cleaner a room looks.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009