How can I get my son to use the potty when he has clothes on?

My son is potty training, he knows when he needs to go and can usually voice this to me. He has some trouble with dressing but undressing is not a problem. We have even used a sticker chart, which he got tired of.
My problem is that when he is wearing pants or underwear he doesn't use the potty. If he is plying free he will use the potty without prompting. I don't know how to get him to use the potty when wearing clothes. Please help

simplystephanie

Asked by simplystephanie at 9:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am assuming he wets himself when dressed? My son hates to undress and dress himself. If he wets his clothes he has to get dressed and undressed by himself. He has to stay in the bathroom until he is dressed in dry clothes. It took a while the first several times, but we have a LOT less accidents now.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Does he wet his clothes ? I'm having issues myself with my DD not pulling down her panties/pants down. She pees right through it. I think my problem is that I always used bloomers on her...so she thinks it's like every other day with her diaper on. Hope someone has some advice it's rough! I asked this question before and was bashed. I left out the fact she goes to potty by herself before I can catch her :(
    ArmyGal

Answer by ArmyGal at 4:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2009