Who has HPV here??

Im pregnant and I just had a pap smear that came back abnormal and saying that I had HPV what are the symptoms or the most common things you ladies go through having this? Can you have a normal sex life?? Please remain anonymous if you dont feel comfortable or more power to you if you dont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have it & had no idea. No symptoms. Nothing. You usually cant tell you have it that I know of.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the strain of HPV you have. I have the strains that are link to cervical cancer other strains cause you to have genital warts. You can have it for years and never know. Most times women under 35 I was told by my Gyno it just goes away, but it is a virus and it is uncureable. You can have a normal sex life, but you will spread the virus. There is no way to determine where and when you got, most paps dont even test for HPV unless you have had a abnormal pap then they test for it.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• HPV Symptoms and Tests: Diagnosing Human Papillomavirus

Learn more about HPV, the human papillomavirus, and its causes, diagnosis, and symptoms.
    www.webmd.com/sexual.../hpv-genital.../hpv-symptoms-tests -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• By the way 8 out of 10 women have HPV. So there are many more women who have it then dont have.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Symptoms of HPV

Nov 14, 2006 ... A look into the symptoms of HPV, a virus that is linked to cancer.
    cancer.about.com/od/hpv/p/hpvsymptoms.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• HPV infection: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

HPV infections often go undetected because they don't cause warts or other lesions. Even if you don't exhibit signs and symptoms of the infection, ...
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/hpv.../DSECTION=symptoms
    vbruno

• i got the gardasil shot as soon as it was released so i don't have it but every single one of my friends actually does have it. two of them have the gential warts strain and two have the cancer strain and i'm not sure what the other ones have.
    mommyziegler

Answer by mommyziegler at 10:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have it, no symptoms, no bleeding. It's so common... and Gardasil doesn't protect from EVERY kind of HPV, just a couple strains.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i had it. i had no symptoms or anything, if it werent for the abnormal pap i would have never known. i had it frozen off and have had clean pap results ever since. and this was like almost 4 years ago
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 11:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I had the strand that goes along with cervical cancer. I had it for about 2.5 years. I had no symptoms other than painful (deep penetration) intercourse. That's how I found out at a doctors visit. I had numerous procedures to keep the cancer from spreading. Thank God it was successful. Anyway, it is a virus and will go away on it's own in time if your lucky.
    Anonymous