Anyone know why I might have green discharge?

I am on the minipill b/c I am BFing and have noticed a great increase in my vaginal discharge. Well, now it's a little green once in a while. I am not itchy or inflamed. It doesn't smell. I have no symptoms of a urinary tract infection. Could it be a yeast infection and I just don't have any other symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• actaully since i have been preggo the same has happened to me, i know what your talking about, i just assume mine is like parts of my plug comming out. i would go to your doc though, it could still be an infection even though it has no smell, or is irritating you. im making sure mine is my plug at my next appt. and not an infection.
    Anonymous

• Go and get checked by a gynocologist...I hope it ain't some kind of STD.
    Anonymous

• Go to the doctor, I have never heard of a green vaginal discharge, for any reason.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Vaginal warts.
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/green_vaginal_discharge/causes.htm
    Anonymous

• I've had green discharge off and on for the last three weeks with no other issues, I'm 39 weeks pregnant. I've been tested for every std/infection my doctor and the local hospital (i ended up in L&D with an unrelated issue and they decided to run their own tests on it) can come up with and they have no idea what it is or whats causing it, they even sent the swabs & cultures to one of the major hospitals in our region for duplicate and more in depth testing and nothing has turned up. The general consensus between my doc and the hospital is that it's just a normal discharge with a funny color, not my mucus plug and not an illness of any sort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Have you been eating blue foods? Blue icecream? We used to wonder why my daughter would always come home from Grandmas and poop green until we found out she was eating bright blue foods.
    It could be you are eating a large amount of blue food?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• It's definitely not STD or vaginal warts. I haven't been eating blue foods, although I have no idea how that would change the color of my discharge. As I said, it started when I started taking this pill. So, I goggled it and apparently you can get infections and weird discharge from this pill. Strange b/c I have taken it before but I guess your body changes over time, right? I will have to follow up with my OB/Gyn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2009