What do you do when you and your husband are fighting?Mine has ignored me for 2 days!!

I told my husband the other day that I was upset with him for not working on my grandmas basement way and he actually looked at it 1 year ago and seemed like he was going to do it.My gram asked him the other day and he said he didn't have time to do it and I think he could've worked on it a little bit this summer.Now she is stuck and worried about who is going to do it-she was going to pay him to do it.Well I told him that I thought it was ignorant that he acted like he would do it then a year later tells her no. He ripped out of our driveway and made black marks in our driveway and everyone keeps asking me if I did it.Well we haven't said much to eachother for the last 2 days because of this!!I feel you help family and he would rather help people he works with more!!If I have a problem with my car he never takes me seriously and if someone at work would need help he would be right there!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Enjoy the peace and quite. And ya that is too typical of guys...they jump right at the opportunatey to help their friends, but when is comes to the wife and family they are always put on the back burner and that will never change.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• He sounds like a jerk! Im not the type to just be mad and ignore my husband i talk to him until we settle things even if he dont want to. But no matter what you argue about my hubby always tells me we should never go to bed angry cause what if you or him never wakes up. Work things out and if he dont want to maybe you should start going to someone who can help you two.
    Anonymous

• Well, on something like this - I would go work on grandma's basement. You can watch videos on how to do just about anything online... and library books... I'd figure out whatever it is that needs to be done & do as much as possible.

If you're not home or are too tired by the end of the day to cook his dinner.... wash his clothes... tend to the kids.... give him sex.... because you've been in granny's basement --- oh well... too bad.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Are you really angry about Gram's basement or is there more to it? When a man feels 'attacked' and cornered, they will usually take the defensive. Instead of "attacking" him, maybe sit him down and gently explain/remind him that he has a family that needs his help. Yes, you understand work is important, but family is also important. And yes, you can do the work yourself, but that is not the point. He gave his word about doing the work, he should stick to his commitments. Gently remind him of this without making him feel like he needs to get defensive. Offer to help him if that is possible. Hope this helps..
    gemma896r

Answer by gemma896r at 11:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009