Do you sometimes feel disappointed?

I am have stepdaughters(Twins) They are almost 23 years old. My husband has been telling me for almost 6 months he is taking them off the cell phone plan. He continues to pay it even though they both work and have graduated from college. He claims he has asked them to do it. However this has not happened. He wants to spend $75.00 a month on adult children but then complains if I need something. I don't get it. Why does he do this. He is not teaching them responsibility. I don't feel like I can run a house hold when his kids have a different set of rules than my kids. I hate his and mine. I think all kids should have rules. My kids clean and have chores. When his kids come over they don't do a thing. If I ask for help they complain. I have tried. They are use to maids and hired help. So getting them to clean is like pulling teeth. My kids feel slighted. How can I get everyone one the same page?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell his kids, YOUR house, YOUR rules or dont come over. No matter what they are used to they need to respect YOUR home and your rules. And adult kids? Shiiiiiiit!!! I'd have a serious heart to heart with hubby and ask him who sleeps with him? Who has sex with him? Cleans his house? Cooks? He seriously NEEDS to put those girls on their own and give you the respect YOU Deserve.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• on phoneI'd call and take them off the phone plan. If he said anything I'd tell him he didn't have to thank me for doing what he kept saying he was going to do. (then I'd be batting my eyelashes and hope that worked! lol)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm not sure what I'd do. It'd depend on how long you've been married, how long they've had the cell phones and a lot of other factors.
    If these girls are used to maids etc, they likely never even consider that the money might be a problem.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i would have to agree with the first and sec theres no way i would put up with that
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 12:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• At 20 I had moved out of home, left my home country new zealand to live and work in London for ten years. I also got married in london and had my children there. It was the best thing for me. These girls need to grow up. There father is not helping them one bit by paying for their phones, or allowing them to stay without helping out. Its a real shame, and it puts you in a very awkward position. Be honest with your children, and diplomatically explain that their stepsiblings are not behaving in anyway that is good for them, and that you are proud that your children can help out and are already taking responsibilty for themselves. Explain it will help them become more astute and independent adults, and its a shame their step siblings will miss out on that. Take some time out for you and your kids, you need to be rewarded and appreciated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2009