I'm 13 weeks pregnant and today I started gushing watery with some blood in it,not enought to soak a pad just the middle paet though. No clots or anything passed my dr can see me till the 22nd. Is it normal to bleed like that, now I have like heartburn and is super tired. My boobs aren't leaking much colostrum anymore like they did.

The er ddnt wanna do anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• "gushing water" is not good, they have a test strip they can use if to see if you are leaking amniotic fluid. ER's are notoriously useless with pregnant women, call the doctors after hours service and demand to be seen at L&D, better yet check yourself into L&D. I've had to go in a few times they are always very helpful and caring. Good luck.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• This doesn't sound right - your dr. would want you in immediately to check you out... and colostrum?? at 13 wks? Doubtful.

IF this is legit --- you need to be checked immediately.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• They can test to see if it is your amniotic fluid BUT it usually won't "fern" till 22 weeks or later. I would go to a hospital that has a maternity ward and not leave till they do a u/s to check your fluid level.
    2PreemieGirls

Answer by 2PreemieGirls at 10:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• if it is accompanied by severe cramping and loss of your pregnancy symptoms then you definately should go to the hospital and get checked out immediately! and to the other poster it is possible to leak colostrum that early. I did my entire pregnancy with my daughter.
    mommyziegler

Answer by mommyziegler at 10:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You either didn't explain yourself well when you called the doctors office, or you have a crappy doctor. Your problem needs to be seen ASAP not on the 21st.
    Anonymous

• my old dr had closed his office so they had to refer me to a new doctor. which i have no idea how he treats his patients or anything. But i did explain everything clearly and behold they still dont me in till the 22nd.All they said was just be on bed rest keep my feet elevated and drink plenty of liquids. But i checked my self into the hospital last night and got everything checked out. THE BABY IS DOING OKAY STILL HAVE A STRONG HEARTBEAT :) BUT I HAVE A TEAR IN MY PLACENTA, SO NOW I CANT HAVE ANY SEX FOR A FEW MONTHS UNTILL IT HEALS. BUT THANKS TO ALL YOU NICE LADIES FOR THE SUPPORT. :)
    Anonymous