Are you going to get your children the H1N1 vaccine?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• I'm afraid the virus is too new for my 8 month old...but I'm so afraid of her getting it, a child at her daycare has it now so the thought is on my mind. I'd like to see others opinions as well.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No, my doctor told me not to panic about H1N1. You treat it as you would any other flu. From what I have seen reported on my local news, is that the people who have died from H1N1 all had underlying health conditions.
    My kids get the "regular" flu shot, but that has been around forever (not literally, I'm just saying) and getting my kids a vaccanation that is fairly new, no thanks, I will wait until it has had all the "bugs" worked out of it. In the meantime, hand washing, plenty of sleep, good food, and vitamins!.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think there is enough evidence to support the safety of it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No way
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Too new of a vaccine for me and my family. Waaaaay too rushed. I do get the kids (who are 3 and 6) a reg. flu shot yearly, however, the H1N1....yeah, it'll be skipped!

We practice TONS of handwashing and use more Purell (and my favorite the Bath & Body Works sweet pea scented hand sanitizer) than you could imagine! Plus, every trip to a store requires 2 Wet Ones wipes for the shopping cart. (BTW, dh is totally embarrassed by my whole routine!) After I take the wet ones to the cart ESP. the handle. That same handle gets a good rub down with purell. (Totally sounds like I'm hitting on the shopping cart!)
    josie_mommyof2

Answer by josie_mommyof2 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009