What would you do in this situation

My son is a handful, but when he is with his father he's an angel, but as soon as I there he wont listen to no one and he gets more spoil.My hubby to be his father, thinks when we all live together next year we are going to have issues with the two parenting.( huby lives in jamaica, moving to us next yr. How wil this affect or benefit our son, Im scared.

supermom2005

Asked by supermom2005 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you and his father agree on parenting styles? Could be he just misses his Dad and so when he's with him he's great and because he's used to you, you get the attitude. I would think if you agree on parenting styles, it should improve having you all in the USA. Just my opinion.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It will greatly benefit him to have his father w/him. As far as the two of u having issues, u have to sit down & talk about things. U HAVE to be on the same page about things or it will become very confusing for not only your son, but you as well. Communication is key here. Good luck!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 10:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• your son probably behaves better for your hubby because he is not around all the time like someone else was bringing out. my son listens to my husband a lot better then he listens to me because my husband is more of the disciplinarian. when your hubby comes back to the u.s you should let him be the primary disciplinarian to the children since they respect him more and then your husband can make them respect you

shyysmom

Answer by shyysmom at 12:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2009