How many of you vaccinate and don't get the flu shot?

I'm just curious, I have heard so much about flu shots today. If that is the case for you would you mind telling why? Thanks.

*I vaccinate and have not gotten them the flu shot this year, there have been none at the doctors office.*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I vaccinate and do flu shots (my kids LOVE me for it) lol They get theirs next week :)
    Anonymous

• My kids get their regular vaccinations but have never gotten a flu shot. I dont intend to get them one this year either. They've been fine without it this long so I dont see why Id start now. And both had the flu just last week and are fine now. To each their own.
    Anonymous

• We vax but do not get the flu shots due to egg allergy.
    Anonymous

• We selectively vax on a delayed schedule (single dose preservative free, etc.) No to any flu shot.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• We do the vac. that are required for school nothing less and nothing more. My husband is against vac and I am indifferent so we agreed to disagree and compromised on the required vacs.
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 6:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I vaccinate. My kids nor myself get a flu shot.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I vaxed my kids but I am the only one to get the flu shot as I am immunosuppressed. For people with healthy immune systems I think it's not necessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My kids are all fully vaccinated but only my youngest has ever had a flu shot (when she was 7 months old). My other kids have never had any and neither have I. I have 4 kids and none of them have ever had the flu and have never been more sick then a stuffy/runny nose, cough and, maybe, a slight sore throat. They are usually better in a couple of days with OTC meds. They've never even been to the doctor for sick visits.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I vaccinate but no flu shots
    momofhailandkay

Answer by momofhailandkay at 8:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• vaccinate, no flu shots.

Everyone says you CANNOT get the flu from the vaccine. BUT, the only two times DD & i have EVER got the flu, was a few weeks after the vaccination. Experience says a lot. In the past years, i've been the only one at my office to not get the flu vax. And funny enough, i was one of like 3 people here to did not get sick at all those years. My mother says the same thing. The one time she got the vax, she fell deathly ill. No flu vax thankyou. I would rather contract the flu myself, rather that it be given to me by the FDA.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009