what is a mom supposed to look like ?

i had a friend the other day say that i don't look like the mom type i don't get it is it because i always try to look nice even in the early morning when i take my children to school i always wear a Lil makeup and my home is very tidy my children always look nice i take pride in that and yeah my husband likes to buy me nice things and I'm very motherly with my children i love them so much and this statement really hurt my feelings was that her intention and should i even consider her my friend anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• maybe she meant that your too pretty and put together to be mom. usually they are so worn out and busy they dont wear makeup and there is no help for the house.
    cumminsoonindec

Answer by cumminsoonindec at 11:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I don't know, lol, maybe like June Cleaver?
    I get this kind of thing all the time. Most of the time people think my kids are my brother and sisters. It trips me out, lol.
    I wonder the same thing. What is a mom supposed to look like?
    Why do people have these stupid lame expectations?
    Is a teacher supposed to look a certain way?
    How about a nurse, or a doctor? Or a dentist or vet, for that matter?
    I don't think this should matter half as much as some people seem to think it does.
    If I don't look like a "mom", does that mean I am not a good mother? I don't think so.
    Screw those people that have these shitty attitudes.
    You're a good mom, and who cares what they think!
    We're in the same boat!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Photobucket
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• elastic waistband jeans, penny loafers, bags under your eyes, formula spit up on your " someone went to disneyland and all i got was this stinkin t-shirt" hair in a ponytail,no makeup, hairy legs and pits, yellow teeth and you must drive a minivan or stationwagon.. wtf, who says what a "mother" should look like. this isnt 1950 when "mothers" wore dresses and makeup and heels to vacumn. however you feel good. i sure as hell dont dress like my mother or grandmother, nor do i dress like june cleaver. i am me. take it or leave it. btw how come looking like a "mom" has downgraded so much in 50-60 years. at least the stereotypical mom then got to look good!
    krazymami028

Answer by krazymami028 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i have to say hun i get the same thing even tho i havent had him yet there like theres no way that you could be a mother and still look like your 14 its not her putting you down if anything shes telling you.you look good cause some moms are so tired cause they have run the kids all day they dont have time for makeup or anything i have seen my mom that way dont get me wrong my momma is pretty eather way
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 11:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I get judged regularly. It used to hurt my feelings really bad, but then one day I realized that I have wonderful, good, caring, responsible, and respectful children. My 12 year old already has her top 3 Universities picked out and is working on scholarships and saving HER OWN money for college already. I raised my kids to be this way, so the fact that I have a lot of tattoos and wear makeup and dont drive a minivan to soccer practice doesnt really matter because I am doing my job as a mother. I would just let it roll off your back.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2009