Help - I'm computer stupid...

My laptop has a virus on it, but there's some things on there that I want to e-mail to myself and put on another computer. When I did get the virus, my DH told me to disconnect it from the internet immediately. There's nothing that can happen if I take the internet cord from my computer, plug it into my laptop, then plug it back into my computer, right?

I'm thinking no, but I need to be sure. DH is super paranoid about viruses so I thought I'd check.

Thanks!

lamr

Asked by lamr at 11:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think if you already have the virus it's done it's damage...i definitely wouldn't hook it up and send emails from it to your other computer...take it to the repair shop.
    Anonymous

• What if I just go on the net, but not send anything? Can anything happen that way?
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 11:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• can you save it on the internet somewhere and get it later?
    scan the computer and see of you can get rid of the virus
    krazymami028

Answer by krazymami028 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My husband said u can email your stuff but he recommends u save it to a thumb drive or cd. he says its a whole lot faster
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2009