Black suede boots or plain leather boots?

I cannot decide. I'd have more years of use from the plain but the suede ones are very stylish and comfy.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 11:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i personally can't stand anything suede lol. so i'm gonna say leather :)
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 11:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• leather is easier to clean
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• leather for sure I hate anything suede as well with a passion!
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 5:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Suede is not practical in winter; the snow, salt and slush destoy the suede, no matter how you treat it. Salt destroys leather, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think leather is dressier---suede is cute with jeans and casual outfits. Get both!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have a pair of Land's End black suede boots that I've been wearing almost ten years. Land's End says they specially treat their suede so that salt and snow won't damage it, and honestly, my boots look like new still. They're amazingly comfortable, and I wear them all winter. So personally, I'd go with the suede.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• you can get a treatment for suede boots to help with weather protection. go to your local western store (cuz its prob cheaper there) or boot repair and ask about a water seal for your boots if you decide suede. it works for all leather boots, but obviously the suede need more attn. Usually it comes in like an aerosol can and you should only have to apply like once a month.

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I love suede better than leather for style.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would decide based off how much you'd be able to wear them and what the weather is like where you live.  If it snows and rains a lot, suede is not so pretty after so many times of getting wet and starts to loose it's 'look', so I would choose leather and treat the leather before going out in them.   If it's mostly sunny where you are then go suede because they are cute and it does sound like you prefer those, I would only trump what I prefer for practicality reasons.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Suede can be more casual and comfy, but make sure you treat them well. The regular leather can be casual as well, but can be part of more dressy wear as they tend to look more sleek. I myself love regular leather, more versitility. They also clean up easier and last a lot longer.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2009