what could cause bloody stool in a 19 months old

I just changed my son's diaper and there was blood in it. He has no fever was just in the ed last night because he had a rash from head to toe that appeared in just a few hrs. they said it was viral. but tonight he had another rabbit poop he has had these off and on for a few weeks. as well as normal ones too. What could this be. I m very worried.

momof651

Asked by momof651 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• when you say "rabbit poops" do you mean real hard stool? If so this could mean that the stool is so hard it could be causing some tearing as it comes out. I may be wrong. I would suggest that the next time you take him in to the doctor be sure to mention it, and try to keep in mind what he eats prior to these episodes. If he is having hard stool, it may be caused by too much iron in sometihing he ate. But I would strongly suggest checking with the doctor or calling and checking with his nurse, they might have a better idea of the possibilities.
    MONKYDITTLE

Answer by MONKYDITTLE at 1:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Many things can cause these symptoms. Constipation, Chrons Disease, thrush, allergies, ets... You should see a gastroenterologist, Ask your Primary MD for a referral.
    SandyRN1

Answer by SandyRN1 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The "rabbit Poop" could be not enough fluid, dehydration. Encourage your child to take fluids if this is a possibility.
    SandyRN1

Answer by SandyRN1 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• sounds like constipation. liquids, and raisins should help
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2009