i started bleeding tonite...

im 14 weeks preg and i started bleeding tonite i went straight to the er i was ther for 2 hrs befor the dr seen me she had a heard time findig the babys heart beat... she told me that i may be at risk for placenta preeva...im really scared im already a high risk pregnancy and i dont know what pregnancy preeva is...can someone please explain it to me?

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 11:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is where the placenta covers the cervix.

This may help you hon!
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/placenta-previa/DS00588/DSECTION=symptoms

Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• ok before you start freaking out, how much were you bleeding? did you have an exam or have sex in the past 24 hours? sometimes you lightly bleed if you have an internal exam or have sex while pregnant.
    Anonymous

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc Here is a website I found on it. Hopefully it will help you out. I will keep you in my prayers!!!

hugs

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Okay, I don't know about placenta previa, but I'll tell you my story, & maybe it will help.

With my 2nd son I had light bleeding early in my pregnancy, but with my 3rd son, at 9 weeks I started hemorrhaging. I was on my way to an ultrasound when it happened, but went directly to see my ob. After examining me he told me I'd miscarried & he was scheduling a d & c for that afternoon, but since my ultrasound was already scheduled (I was also a high risk pregnancy) he told me to go to the ultrasound then meet him at the hospital. When I got to the ultrasound the baby was actually fine. I was sent back to my doctor, who was shocked, but put me on progesterone & bed rest. 6 weeks later I hemorrhaged again. This time he decided to do another ultrasound before scheduling a d & c. I ended up having a healthy 8lb 12 oz. baby boy.

So, yes you can bleed lightly or heavily & still carry to term, be careful & see your doctor.

Best wishes!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2009