PA fraud...do you know what the consequences are?

I got 11 days of community service for my dui, and this one chick has 60+ days of it for welfare fraud. I guess it's a bigger deal to defraud the gov't than to drive drunk.

She told me the reason was because her baby daddy (wtf!) just happened to be living there at the time, like she didn't report his income.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ya I remember when signing up for insurance through welfare with my DD it states that you can be charged up to 250,000 in fines and possible jail time. Thats why I dont care how broke I am I wouldnt even try a little thing lol
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I do because when I apply for something I read the rules and fine print.....most don't and those who are screwing the system...will get screwed right back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• yeah scary. I would be afraid that they knew haha...
    BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU ;)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• She is lucky she didn't get jail time. Plus now she has to pay any money back and is not able to get assistance anymore. I don't think we can split hairs, a crime is a crime. But I have never understood the way people get away with drunk driving with only a slap on the hand. Here we even have people who have to drive around with a bright yellow license plate on their car for too many DUI's...I think if it that bad, you should have the license revoked not get an embarrassing plate on your car. People really need to rethink the DUI laws in this country.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My daughter lives with us and receives Medicaid for her and her baby, WIC, too. She began working full time in June for extremely small pay, so I believe she would still qualify for both, but she STILL has not reported her income to either one! I keep asking her and she just says that she will or she tells me to get off her back. She's 20 years old so she's old enough to know better, right? I can't do it for her and I'm already raising my granddaughter 90% of the time so if my daughter goes to jail over this I'll keep right on raising my granddaughter.
    What is it with people not thinking it's important enough to go by the rules for a government run program?!!!
    Anonymous