What do you think of the name October? For a girl. Just wondering.

I think it's cute, and very different.
My mom said, why would you name a child October?
I said, what's the difference between naming a child October, or June, April, Autumn, Summer, and all that?
Anyway I thought I would ask you ladies to see what you thought. I think it's very unique.
Do you know anyone with this name already?

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 12:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think its fabulous! if you can name your kid summer, autumn, april, may, june, tuesday, wednesday, winter, rain, apple, kumquat..besides, october is my fave month of the year!

octomom will be a thing of the past by the time your child is old enough to be teased about her name.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I don't usually like different names but this I like this one! :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• YEAH!!!! Thanks frogbaby83!!!!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Well, all that matters is if you like it or not, but my personal opinion.... I love the month, but don't really care for it as a name. (but I have definiely heard worse though) =) Just try to think of the child in the future... They're are ones they are going to have to "live with it," ya know? It would definitely be unique.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• OK, so when I was a teenager, I had a job at Dairy Queen and I changed my name tag to read that my name was October. lol... I don't know why. Anyway, I had a customer come in and ask if October was my real name. I told them it was. The next day my manager made me switch it back to my real name. Right after I changed it, guess who walked in- the customer I lied to the day before. UGH!
    She did not think it was funny.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think it would be cute. You could call her Toby. You might want to think about the possible teasing that could ensue because of the OctoMom... I don't know if I would do that to my kid.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I don't personally like "month" names. but it is your kid. If you like it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• We almost used "Opal" as our daughter's middle name because she was born in october & that is the birth stone of october. People thought we were kind of nuts though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• What about janfebmaap (pronounced jan-feb-mayp)
    jan feb mar april. 4 months in one. No? No? hahaha im only kidding. I think its cute
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Nah. Not my style. I don't like "day" names either, like Tuesday or Sunday or Wednesday. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2009