How can I get my 1 year old child to sleep back in his crib?

ambrosea3

Asked by ambrosea3 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let me know when you have an answer...my daughter is 13 months and has never slept in her crib. LOL....I love sleeping with her but do realize she will be getting too big. She already has kicked me in the face a few times! Good luck :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Maybe start off by putting him to sleep in your arms,while holding him, then put him down gently, and stay infront where he can see u until he falls asleep. My baby has always slept in his crib since he was born. we just turn off the lights and he crashes out.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I have been having issues since im moving getting my son to sleep on his own without his crib. I have never had issues with putting him in his bed and getting him to go to sleep. Lately I have had to put him to sleep in my arms and wait about 30 minuets and then put him in his bed. I have never been in a position where my son refused to sleep in his bed. I hope that helps.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 1:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I know how difficult this is.. For the first 9 months of my daughters life...to put her to sleep we would put her on a pillow in our lap (yes, I know... she is spoiled). I finally decided that she had to start sleeping on her own so as much as it killed me to do it... I put her in her crib and let her cry.. The first night she got so upset that she threw up...and the next night I put her down in her crib and I placed myself somewhere where she could hear me (like on the computer and let the music play) That night she fell asleep with no problems and not a lot of crying. Every night I did that until there was no crying and she just rolled over and went to sleep.

Good luck... it isn't easy but it is worth it. Just try to stay strong... remember that you aren't hurting your child and you are trying to do the best thing for your child.
    kemckinney

Answer by kemckinney at 5:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009