So sad for my sister. What would you do?

So my baby sister (13) told me tonight that there is a boy at her school who has been groping her friends. The girls tell him to stop he doesn't. He has also made them afraid to go to their parents or teachers. My sis told my mom, & apparently my mom blew her off. So she called me tonight and ended telling me all about it. So I talked to my mom and my mom said "its those girls and their parents prob" And that its not her place. I am concerned that my sister is going to fall victim next and my mom isn't teaching her to be proactive and protect herself. Not to mention my poor sis is home alone ALL the time, my mom goes out shopping & to lunch & dinner with friends all the time & leaves my sister home. My bro is always at work as is my dad. My sister told me she feels very lonely & like my mom no longer loves her & is bored with her because they always used to do things together. I just don't know what to do. It breaks my heart.

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd call the school and report this boy. What he is doing is sexual harrassment and he can get into trouble for it. He needs to learn now otherwise he will still be doing this in his 20s , 30s and so on and could eventually move on to something worse. The fact that your sisters mom isn't bothering with doing it is beyond me. I'd be doing everything in my power to make sure this was stopped and my kid was not being messed with. Is there any way your sister could come stay with you , even if it's just on the weekends or a couple nights week? Where yall can just hang out and she can have someone there for her.?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I wish sooo badly that she could I want more than anything to get her away from our mother she is not very nice person. But I live in Idaho and she is in Colorado. My mom, when I asked if she had called the other parents, said it wasn't "her place" and that it "hadn't happened to Natalie so I don't need to worry" YET it hasn't happened to her YET!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so frustrated! Maybe I will call the school and report it someone needs too!! I tried to get my mom to let her come stay with me over the summer but she wouldn't go for it. I make an effort to call her everyday, tonight she was home alone from the time she got home from school at 3 until my mom got home at 9:45. Well my lil bro was there for a bit but he was napping and he ignores her anyway. She keeps telling me how lonely and sad she is and that none of our siblings pay attention (she is the youngest of 5 of us) to her now that she is older except me.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would call the school and tell them what your sister told them and that you told your mom and she wasn't concerned but you are concerned for these girls. Maybe not tell them who your sister is that way it cant get back to the boy on who told. This defiantly needs to stop if the school doesn't do anything it needs to go to the school board but I can almost guarantee once the school knows about it they will do something.
    ShireeCS

Answer by ShireeCS at 12:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Too bad your mom wont let her come and live with you. Maybe you can talk her into letting her come up on school vacation. Even a little time with you is better than nothing. And I would call the school and let them know. Good Luck girl!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I am hoping to get her up here for a school break. I am truly worried that she is going to start looking for attention in all the wrong places and go down a terrible, dark bath. I do not want that for her at all! And I plan on calling her school.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• hugs hun im so sorry but yes you need to call the school & tell them whatyour sister told you because yes he could go to jail for that especially if he was kicked form other schools because of it im sorry your mom is being a douche but hell id be more worried about keeping my child safe rather than someone "become a victim" because it can happen at anytime
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Where in Colorado is she?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• In Castle Rock why?
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• maybe you could get her involved with big brothers and sisters? Tell your mom that SOMEBODY needs to be there for her and you live out of state and mom obviously has things she finds more important.
    Call the school! Ask her for the boys phone number (most schools have phone lists I think) and call his parents.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I just googled Castlerock after school activities and came up with this. Maybe your parents can get her involved with more activities and she won't be so lonely.
    As for the boy bullying her friends, you should call the school. I would tell your mom to do it and of she won't then you do it yourself. That boy needs to be stopped before he hurts somebody. That sort of inappropriate behavior just escalates.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2009