Would you be embarassed??

Okay my husband has been planning on taking my son and I to Disney World for my Birthday which is in a week. Our son is 3 and has never been and I was reallly reallly excited to take him. Well my husband is over weight and wants to rent one of those motorized scooter things while we are there? I feel bad because now I dont even want to go because he is going to be riding around on that thing. I dont think we will have as much fun. He has had some health problems over the past year and has gained about 100 lbs. I am seriously considering postponing the trip until he has lost some weight so I dont have to listen to him complain the whole time. I also feel bad for not being soo understanding...I havent said anything at all to him about it yet though. I just dont know what to do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he renting the scooter becuase of the health problems or just becuase he's overweight?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Have a fun vacation. You never know how long you have the people you love and you'd hate yourself forever if you and your family didnt go on that trip and never got to because you cared what strangers think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• it is what it is. You will be having people stare at you, but he is your DH, and I'm sure your DS will be disappointed to know that mommy doesn't to go because daddy is going to be on a scooter..thank God, or who ever you believe in, that your DH is alive and well. Plus your DS might even get a kick out of riding on the scooter. Have fun!
    mcdthree

Answer by mcdthree at 12:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I would go anyway. My mom went after she finished chemo treatments so she was very weak, so she rented one of those carts. They got to go to the head of all the lines. No waiting.
    I joked when we went several months later that my dh should pretend to break his leg so we could use the cart. Haha ha...then I teased him that we should really break his leg.
    I say go anyway. I agree with the Pp who said that you never know how long you will have with your loved ones.
    Have fun!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Worry about yourself. Don't embarrass yourself by what YOU do. What he does is no reflection on you. Focus on having fun and if people look at him funny, it has nothing to do with you. And you will never see them again anyhow. If they want to judge then that is their problem anyhow. Don't try to control your hubby. You should be happy that he still wants to go even with the challenge. If you put it off, you really don't know when you may get to go in the future. Don't tell him how you feel, it will only make him feel bad.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I wonder if your husband is embarrassed to be with someone as shallow as you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Have you been to Disney before?There so many people using those motorizied scooters.Even younger people. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Keep in mind that he is probably embarassed as well to be using one. I broke my ankle over the summer, and had to use the scooters in the grocery store. Even though it was clear why I needed it, i was still so embarassed to be riding around on it. So, he's probably not really thrilled to use it either. Go anyway. Don't miss out on what could and should be a really awesome family trip over something this silly.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• When you get to DIsney WOrld you will asking yourself wht was I worried about? You'll see.There are so many people from so many countries there.They won't be judging you. I would see so many on scootrs and never thought bad of anyone. It is a lot of walking. I wish I had one when I was 5 months pregnant in DIsney. I got a workout alright.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Okay, who will you know there that this would matter? Are you ashamed of your husband? His illness? Just GO. Sheesh!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2009