I'm really disgusted by some peoples' heartless ways.

I just read a listing on Craigslist where a woman wants another puppy because she purchased hers knowing she had a birth defect that would be costly and time consuming, but now, she's just changing her mind. She doesn't want to pay those extra dollars and is planning on having her euthanized. So she wants a "healthy, more funner" puppy.
It makes me incredibly sad and outraged.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pets

• They're everywhere - even right here on CM. Yeah, I know the feeling - makes you wanna reach right through the net lines and slap them in the face.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i worked in a pawn shop a few yrs ago and had to call social services on the one lady cause she walked in forcing her newborn on me and told me that she wants to sell it so she can " move out of this god forsaken city" that right there made me realise how ppl can be thankfully ss adopted the baby out...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Wow! I wonder if she would do the same thing to one of her kids??
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Pretty bad- especially since she went into the situation knowing the dog had medical problems!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• That is pretty heartless. She knew wht she was getting into, so she has no excuse for this. Like CollinBayleeMom said, it does make you wonder what would happen if a kid if hers required costly and time-consuming care... oh wait, they all do!

Koehnae

Answer by Koehnae at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I am a foster home for a dog rescue and I also do "bottle babies" (kittens on a bottle). It is amazing the stories these dogs have when they get to me. We had one that was brought to the shelter in the trunk of a car, it was bald in some places and where it had hair it was matted. They dropped it off bc they "were done with it". After a hair cut, lots of meds for skin infections and other medical problems he was a wonderfully sweet little maltese that is now the king of his household. There is a dog in our rescue now that was used as a bait dog for fighting. It is awful the things that a human can do to an animal. And if you are easily bothered by selfishness and heartlessness DO NOT go looking in the pet section on craiglist. In the city where I am there are at least 100 postings a day of people wanting to get rid of pets. www.recycledlove.org (my rescue's site)
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• if she feels that way then i think the dog is better off without her. i don't agree she should put it down though. if only she knew somewhere to take the puppy she already has. good intentions don't always work out. i thought i could handle a boxer and my husband so desperately wanted one. needless to say i'm stuck with her day in day out and i'm feeling resentful cause she requires more work and a bigger yard. we had a bigger yard and she used to be really good. lately she has been barking more and tore up the landscaping when we bought new home and i'm so big and prego and can't walk 3 dogs plus my daugther. were hoping a freind who doesn't work and loves boxers will take her in and give her a more quality of life since my husband can't take or make the time to walk her and get her energy out. i would never rehome her on craigslist. it has to be a friend.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• carajust- know exactly what you mean. i used to foster. also use to do "extractions" (not going to say anymore than that- taking anything, even an animal worth over 1000 is a felony. but if people saw what those places were like, they wouldn't question the motives) it was horrific the things that i saw!!! my mum has Shayla- the most heartbreaking rescue that i have ever been a part of. she's 9 years old now- and reminds me of nanna from peter pan. she's like that with all 19 of the grand kids- lol (big family) it pains me now, to even think about it.
    anyone who could harm a critter deserves the same treatment- let the punishment fit the crime.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You know it is a really ignorant statement to say someone would get rid of their kids because they get rid of a pet. You CANNOT compare the two. Kids are WAY above animals. I love animals, I have three pets. My kids will ALWAYS be more important.

Anonymous

• I don't know how ones can be so heartless! But so many times they just let pets go in the country. Which is Awful! Or how I get Strays! Or the 3 cats left on my door step!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009