What was your biggest tax refund?

I havent filed now that i have kids, but this last year i got 536.00.
Do i still get money back from the govt if I didnt work the whole year and was a SAHM???
I now have 2 kids.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• biggest was $3000, but then most of that went to pay state taxes, our state taxes are seriously high here. each paycheck they take out the same if not up to twice as much as the federal. I have 3 kids, Im now a SAHM and own a house and i still cant catch a break. a lady i know quit her job has two kids and got $7000 back of course they didnt count all the income from her father and boyfriend who all lived in the same house, she quit her job just in time to qualify for the EIC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• my biggest one was $7,000 but i had two kids and worked all year that year. my smallest was $500 and i didn't work all year that year
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• $10,002.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• we just got ours in the mail, it is 6,045
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Our biggest one was around $8,000 - I THINK. We have two children. I'm a SAHM - husbands in the Army. One year - probably THAT year- he claimed less than we actually had so they owed us more, I think.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Biggest one so far $5450. It has been going up about $1000 every year.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Our biggest was almost $7000, I think. That was back when we had only 3 kids. But my husband only had 3 claims on his W-4 (me, him and our oldest and never changed it after that) so they took a ton out of his checks. Because he didn't really make much we got all that back plus earned income plus the full $1000 for each child on the child tax credit.
    It's less now that he changed his exemptions. We still get all our taxes back, though, because we are the working poor. The last few years we've averaged around $5000 (with 4 kids, we don't normally qualify for more then a couple hundred dollars in earned income any more but get the full child tax credit back).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I got 5500 last year. LOVE military income and having a kid! LOL Can't wait to see what this year will be!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• our biggest one so far has been $16,000. thats was for 2008. you will get a little more for the kids at the end of the year though.
    twinzplusone

Answer by twinzplusone at 2:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I think our largest was about $8,000, but that was back when Bush was president and all 3 of our children were young enough to qualify us for extra money.
    Since that year, and their ages, our refunds have decreased severely!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2009