I messed up

I bought the vitamin d drops with iron by mistake and I didn't even realize until after I gave them to mmy 11 day old daughter. She is so miserable, it's seems like she keeps trying to poop but can't. Is there anything that I can do to make her more comfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A warm bath and rub her belly and bicycle her legs. you can also put a tablespoon of karo syrup in her bottle to help her poo soften. Also you can use glycerin suppositories if she goes too many days or is in too much pain. they just soften and lube so the poo can come out.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Try giving her a warm bath and then massaging her legs in a downward motion after. You can give her some warm water to drink, maybe some baby prunes (sparingly though, I assure you that you DO NOT want to give her the whole jar, even though its tiny...been there, not pretty LOL), take her to a park tomorrow and let her RUN to her little hearts content, exercise stimulates a BM sometimes too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• ooops....sorry...thought that said 11 month old....just the bath and the massage then....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• NO Karo...it's a botulism risk.

Up her fluids. Vitamin drops at eleven days are NOT needed uless you live underground...if she's on formula, the formula's got the Vit D. If breastfed, all she needs is a few minutes of sunshine.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2009