my parents!!!!

when i go and visit my parents they always speak of giving my 5 week old daughter cereal in her bottle.. just cause my sis doct recremended for her 7 week old began cause of that condition called reflux i guess... well what would u do. my daughter is the 50% range with her weight and she doesnt need this at all!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tell them no she doesnt need it say the dr only told your niece to do that because of reflex say she doesnt have that so your baby doesnt need that. and say no. youre the parent.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i do and then they say stuff like we gonna sneak that stuff and there there that my sis give her baby.. it just pisses me off!! and they already know why my sis have to give it they just say well we the doctor too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• dont leave your baby there without you then.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Let the small stuff go... my grandma raised 4 children, and helped raise 3 grandchildren. She put whiskey on his gums when he was teething (it worked better than anything else!) Put cereal in his bottle to "help him sleep" Put him on his stomach to sleep (had to remind her of that one) and fed him REAL food at 6 months. He's 2, in the 95th percentile for weight 97th for height and is a VERY active boy! It's not going to hurt the kid!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 2:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• annabel just because those children ended up fine doesnt mean other kids wont react to it. you shouldnt give a baby under 6 months any solid foods.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• My brother said this n it shut us all up:
    If you don't repect how I want my child to be raised then I will limit how much time you spend with him.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Vero's answer is the perfect one. You rparents have just lost babysitting privileges, until they can learn to act like responsible adults and follow YOUR wishes.

Cereal ina bottle is a choking risk, never to be given without the doctor's instruction. How would they feel if the baby DIED in their care?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i gave my son ceral in his bottle at 5 months but he was a big baby and always hungry but once u start it is hard to stop
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2009