i am six weeks pregnant when do i get a heart beat

BOYKINGIRL

Asked by BOYKINGIRL at 2:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would love to know the same thing! I just found out im 5 weeks and a few days! whens ur due date?how you feeling?
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• more than likely on ur next appointment i was 12 wks when i went to the dr and gave me an ultrasound and that was the first thing i heard!!!! Congrats by the way to the both of u
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• The baby already has a heartbeat. The heart starts beating 22 days after conception, or at 5 weeks 1 day. So if you have an ultrasound, you should see it. As for hearing it with the Doppler, that comes anywhere between 9 and 12 weeks, usually. But my SIL's placenta is right out in front, so she didn't hear it until about 16 weeks.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• i am either right at 5 weeks or a little less than 5 weeks and we saw the fluttering of the heartbeat yesterday!!
    Brookey

Answer by Brookey at 6:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• I heard our twins' heartbeats at 6 weeks.
    AmandaIVF

Answer by AmandaIVF at 11:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2009